Under general supervision, provides characterization of process optimization strategies and/or troubleshooting of operational issues in the operations, manufacturing, pilot plant or capital projects environment. Utilize industrial engineering techniques to ensure capacity is in place to meet demand through the most effective and efficient manufacturing system. Organizes, analyzes and presents interpretation of results for operational issues and/or engineering projects of minor scope and complexity.SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
BASIC EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Under general supervision will evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques and procedures. Assistance given for unusual problems.
- Perform assignments that have clear and specific objectives and require investigation of limited number of variables.
- Initiate and complete routine technical tasks.
- Responsible for developing manufacturing execution policies to maximize process area throughput, minimize work in process (WIP) and operational costs.
- Responsible to drive process area direct headcount planning.
- Responsible for identifying, drive and lead continuous improvement opportunities and assist in prioritization of area projects.
- Support non-standard shift operations.
Master's degree in Engineering
Bachelor's degree in Engineering & 2 years of experience performing time studies, capacity analysis and labor modelingPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Educational background in Industrial Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in OEE, Theory of Constraints, Lean Manufacturing and/or 6 Sigma.
- Self starter - highly motivated and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Team player that naturally complements with peers, clients and all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that can effectively communicate with peers, clients and all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), facilitation, and presentation skills in Spanish and English.
- Excellent project management skills with proven record of creating and leading cross-functional teams from project development to closure stage.
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical/biotech processes.
- Familiarity with documentation in a highly regulated environment .
- Ability to interpret and apply GMPs.
- Ability to apply engineering science to production.
- Able to develop solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope.
- Demonstrated skills in the following areas:
- Problem solving and applied engineering.
- Basic technical report writing and presentations
- Personal Organization
- Dealing with and managing change
- Analytical Problem Solving
- Computer Literacy
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Associated topics: circuit, drawing, electrical, electronics, mechanical engineer, plc, process engineer, software, software implementation, ultrasonic